Friday 4 March 2011

~The First Working Experience~

Hello people! I hope you people have been waiting anxiously for this post (Heh, that's me sounding cocky now). So as the title suggested, this post is going to be all about my very first working experience. First off! Let me thank one of my BESTEST (yes I speak in the super-est-latives to describe my really really best buddy) friend, Jason! Thank you, Mister Jason. Why? It's all thanks to him that I ever got the chance to even set foot on the one and only CLUB MED Cherating Beach. That's where I got my first working experience. To start things off, let's see, I was hired as a G.O for the Mini Club. For those of you who didn't know, Mini Club is a place where kids are handed over to "professional" G.O's to take care for the day. There's actually different age group clubs for kids of all ages. For example, the Petit Club is for kids at the age of 2 to 3 years, Mini Club is for kids from 4 to 7 years of age, Kid's Club for kids from ages 8 to 10 and Passworld where the "kids"(actually teenage group) from ages 11 to 17 gather. Some pictures of my workplace.



Yes, there's a playground with slides and swings for the kids. But that's just a tiny view of what the whole of Mini Club is about.Some pictures of Passworld maybe ?
Yes, your eyes does not deceive you. There's a Nintendo Wii and a Sony Playstation2 for the teens


That's just a teeny bit of view of what Club Med Cherating Beach is about though. Well a basic description of the daily activities that we do in Mini Club might pique your interests. The activities consists of archery(yes bow and arrows and not the plastic toy), golf (but just the putting course, are you mad asking kids to swing the clubs that hard !?), trapeze, bungee jump(No, not the one that goes down but the one on a trampoline with safety ropes), swimming, sailing, beach games, and a special event that changes every evening(that's why they call it special, duh..). What special events you ask? Well, there's tie-dye t-shirt, family sand castle making, clean art project, visit to turtle farm, kite making and Olympic games to name a few.




Then the activities are done for the evening. We continue our activities at night. We as G.Os need to socialize with G.Ms( Which actually means Gracious Member/ they're the guests). We have dinner with them, chat and get to know about each others country and such(I dare say my social skills have improved drastically). Nevertheless, we continue! After the socializing and stuff we have the Mini Club  Night Event. This also changes every night. There's face painting, bingo night, movie night, and games night to name a few.




Yes, this is just a picture of the face painting event. There is still ONE very very special event that's held once a week, THE MINI CLUB SHOW! Well, it's the time where the kids get to go on stage and perform some dances. The show is called Atlantis. I even participated in the show once as...an octopus(one of the main characters though)




Oh my, I can't stop the tears of happy memories from dripping down the side of cheeks *sob* .OH WELL! Moving on, every night we have a special thing called Crazy Sign. Why is it called Crazy Sign ? No idea. But, it all starts every night with a few G.Os forming the human train and inviting(dragging,pulling,anything goes) more G.Ms to join the train till there's a huge long line and they then go in front of the stage at the bar center and dance( YES. Dance. I'm also a good dancer now).



 Yep, that's the Crazy Sign. After some dances we the G.Os then go ahead to the theater entrance to attract G.Ms to come watch the show.


YES !! THAT'S HOW WE DO IT !! *Clap* *Clap* AND IT'S SHOOOOWW TIMMMEEE!!!! That's when the show begins. The theater shows are different every night and they're presented by the G.Os in Club Med Cherating Beach(yeah, we have very talented people there). The shows consists of cabaret, circus show, comedy, jungle story(something like lion king) and some others. After the show, we go out for more CRAZY SIGNS! Now let's see, the food there is SUPERB! Buffet meal three times a day(Breakfast, lunch and dinner).


Some pictures of the beach and the facilities they have there. Feast your eyes.










 

Sigh, and here are some pictures of the G.O team, new friends we made.. 














So, I now come to the end of explaining what my first working experience was like. The up and downs and all the great memories I had there, the people who made me who I am now ( An even better person than I was before I came to Club Med). Thank you , Joyce, Jake, Jeff, Velda, Helpin, Kris, Sam, Erick, Mickey, Megan, Gyscha, and Perrine. THANK YOU Mini Club TEAM for teaching so many new things. I enjoyed myself while the time lasted and maybe one day, I might return again for a longer period. THANK YOU all again. *waves a tearful farewell* Time will tell if we ever meet again.

Now, that's enough of me being all mellow. *Dries tears* Please await my next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment