Wednesday 3 April 2013

Of...passing and respect.

Well, after a year, age sure catches up fast. I can't say much. Just last year I lost someone I loved dearly, the memories we spent together and the times we had as she looked after me while I grew up. I am talking about my dear grandmother on my dad's side. She's still remembered with fond memories. Just a three days ago, on the 31st of March 2013, it was then that my other grandmother from my mother's side, left this world. I am now officially grandparent-less, having lost both grandfathers when I was uh....12-ish?

Can't say I was really close to my grandmother on mom's side. Just the occasional greetings during Chinese New Year. But I respected her all the same, for she single-handedly brought up 7 kids. That's no simple feat. All I can remember of her was this stern figure, scary at times and she was probably the main reason why my mom is such a strict person (not that I'm complainign much, I love you mom!)

So yeah, here's to her memory
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Should auld acquaintance be forgot,
And never brought to mind?
Should auld acquaintance be forgot,
And auld lang syne!

Chorus.-For auld lang syne, my dear,
For auld lang syne.
We'll take a cup o' kindness yet,
For auld lang syne.  
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That's all from me for now, and it's gettig late. We just finished the burning the ashes yesterday and today marks the final day of the ceremony where we put the ashes to rest.

 P.S: I didn't post this up earlier cause, people might think it was an April Fools prank...since some people can't take a prank. Oh well, one thing here, I won't ever use death as a prank.

 Cheers~  
Vincent 

No comments:

Post a Comment