Wednesday 16 May 2012

Twist in Circles

It wasn't much of anything, there wasn't even much to see. It was dark and the weather was a little chilly. As usual, walking home in the middle of the night after my job shift. This really felt like some scene from a horror movie. I was half expecting something or someone to pounce out at me from the dark corners of this alley I have used countless times to get home. Like they always say, "Be careful what you wish for." Maybe I should have been but then, who would've thought wishes were so easily granted at times? 

It wasn't till a few seconds later did I realize, someone, or maybe something, a presence not far behind me. Don't ask me how I know, maybe it was just intuition or some special sixth sense I have. Pushed the thought away though. For all you know he, or IT, may just coincidentally be using the same alley I use. Just a coincidence. Never knew that sometimes, coincidences don't just "happen". Heard of curiosity killed the cat? Well yeah, after awhile, I just wanted to see who this "comrade" of mine who uses this alley was. Maybe that saying was faulty in some way. Cause cats had nine lives. I'm pretty sure I only have one. All I did was just turned my head slightly. Probably regretted that action for what's left of my life now.

All I saw was this grin and the next thing I knew, I was in the dumps. For a moment, I thought I was still alive...then I realized, my heartbeat...it was gone.


Maybe turning around wasn't the smartest thing I've ever done.
------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm my own nightmare, if not yours
I'm my own horror, if not yours
I'm my own terror, if not yours

I'm myself.

Cheers~
Vincent

No comments:

Post a Comment